BETTER APPROACH. BETTER RESULTS.
Serious, approachable attorneys for personal injury
and family law cases.
≡ VIEW OUR PRACTICE AREAS
- Managing Attorney
Malachi Daws is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Less than 2% of attorneys in Texas are Board Certified in injury law. To be designated a Specialist one must show a substantial commitment to personal injury law, try many contested cases, complete advanced education, receive recommendations from local attorneys and judges, and pass a difficult test. This designation shows his special competence in handling a wide variety of personal injury cases. Because of his specialization and experience, Malachi is able to quickly and effectively help those who have been injured by the negligence of others.
Originally from the Beaumont area, Malachi is familiar with the heritage of Southeast Texas. He is dedicated to providing the people of this community with personalized legal care and advocacy. Malachi has seen how the momentary actions of others can bring about consequences that forever change the lives of those injured and their families. Many times, these injuries leave behind more than physical scars, often causing mental anguish and emotional heartache. He is committed to helping his clients repair all aspects of their lives touched by personal tragedy.
Malachi has tried multiple cases resulting in multi-million dollar jury verdicts, including a verdict of $10.2 million dollars. His ability to personally relate to jurors has helped in his success. He has a proven ability of reducing complex issues into easy-to-understand concepts at trial. His personal appeal, trial innovation, and preparedness are hallmarks of his success.
He has also handled all types of family law cases throughout Southeast Texas. Matters of divorce, custody, support, adoption, enforcement, modification, and termination of rights are serious and sensitive matters. Family law matters are not cookie-cutter legal issues. They require an attorney capable of representing people who are in a range of circumstances, whether they are in agreement, hotly contested disagreement, and all ranges in-between. Malachi will customize his representation to fit the specific circumstances and needs of each individual client.
Malachi earned a BBA in Finance from Lamar University. He earned his law degree from Texas Tech School of Law where he graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. During law school, he was honored with numerous academic awards and scholarships and was a member of TTU Law's National Mock Trial Team.
Malachi is the father of three wonderful daughters and lives in Beaumont with his wife, Andrea.
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Areas of Practice
- Automobile Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Worksite Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Business Disputes
- Family Law
- Wills and Probate
- Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 2012
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
- B.B.A - 2009
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: President's List
- Major: Finance
- Injury Victims
- Wrongful Death Victims
- Family Law
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Star
- Jefferson County Bar Association Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Top Ten Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Texas - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Young Professional Association Top 40 Under 40
- A+ Rated - Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association, Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Present
- American Association for Justice, Present
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Present
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association, Present
- Texas Tech Alumni Association, Present
- Beaumont Chamber Of Commerce, Member
- The Michelle Mehaffy American Inns of Court, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Jefferson County Bar Association Pro Bono Appointments, 2012 to Present
- Phi Delta Phi