BETTER APPROACH. BETTER RESULTS.
Serious, approachable attorneys for personal injury
and family law cases.
≡ VIEW OUR PRACTICE AREAS
Working To Get You Back On The Road
Most of us will be involved in a car accident at some point in time, but some accidents cause more damage than others. Suddenly you might be facing a pile of medical bills, challenging injuries, lost wages and vehicle damage. You should not be left to pay for someone else’s negligence. When injured by a car wreck it can be difficult to know where to start.
At The Daws Law Firm, we are committed to helping car wreck victims receive full and fair compensation for their losses whatever they may be. We have successfully helped car wreck victims in the greater Beaumont area and across the state of Texas get on their path to full recovery. We can help you, too.
Dedicated Representation In Any Type Of Auto Accident
Automobile accidents are caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol and drug intoxication
- Driving on too little sleep
Distracted driving is an especially common cause of rear-end accidents and collisions with motorcycles. With so many vehicles transporting petroleum products on the road, accidents involving large trucks and 18-wheelers are also especially common in our part of Texas. No matter what kind of vehicles the wreck involves, we have the knowledge, resources and experience to handle your case.
Car Accident Statistics
Recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics about car accidents in the U.S. show the unfortunate reality about the frequency and severity of car accidents:
- Over 6 million reported car wrecks occur every year.
- On average, 16,438 car wrecks happen every day.
- Every year 37,133 people are killed in car wrecks (2017).
- Every year 5,977 pedestrians are killed by cars (2017).
- Distracted driving and intoxicated driving are still the leading causes of car wrecks.
Texting While Driving Crash Statistics
Recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics about texting and driving show that texting and driving is a leading cause of car wrecks:
- Cellphone use leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
- About 25 percent of all car accidents in the U.S. are caused by texting and driving.
- Texting while driving is six times more likely to cause an accident than drunk driving.
- On average, answering a text message distracts a driver for five seconds. At 55 mph, that is enough time to travel the length of a football field.
- About 21 percent of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were using their cellphones.
- Nine people die every day in the U.S. because of distracted driving.
Ready To Fight For You
Don’t fight alone. It is almost never a good idea to negotiate with an insurance company yourself. It can be tempting to call them and take the first settlement they offer if you need money. This is a mistake, and there are other ways to get financial help. Remember, the insurance company is a business. Their goal is to make money, and to do that they will try to settle your claim as quickly as possible for the lowest amount possible. To get the compensation you deserve, you need an experienced auto accident attorney who knows how to value a case, stand up to the insurance companies and fight for you.
Schedule A Case Evaluation
If you have been injured in a car accident, call our offices in Beaumont at 409-838-6000 or contact us through our website to schedule a free case evaluation with a lawyer. We will review your case and discuss the best options for you.